Introduction to Pharmacology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 12th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$38.97|
|Print - Paperback||$59.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Administer drugs safely and prevent drug errors with accurate, up-to-date drug information! Concise and easy to understand, Introduction to Pharmacology, 12th Edition provides drug monographs with key information such as generic and trade names, indications, common adverse effects, and typical adult and pediatric dosages. Drug entries are organized by classification, and include the newest FDA-approved drugs. Coverage of special situations highlights the unique issues of drug therapy in children, pregnant and nursing women, and older adults. To provide a solid foundation for safe practice, authors Mary Asperheim Favaro and Justin Favaro also address the principles of pharmacology and the basic math needed to calculate drug dosages.
New to This Edition
- Updated drug information keeps you current with the most recent FDA drug approvals and withdrawals, as well as changes in indications, therapeutic uses and warnings.
- NEW Drug Therapy in Children chapter discusses drug therapy for ADHD, immunizations, and allergies.
- NEW Interactions chapter covers drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-food, and drug-condition interactions, along with drug toxicity.
- Expanded content on drug therapy in women addresses chronic fatigue syndrome, postpartum depression, drug safety during pregnancy and lactation, migraine preventative therapy, menstrual abnormalities, and menopause.
- Straightforward, easy-to-digest drug monographs focus on essential information including drug names (both generic and trade), need-to-know drug information, and typical drug dosages.
- Math review refreshes your knowledge of basic math and provides practice in drug dosage calculation.
- Considerations boxes highlight the unique safety issues of drug therapy in children, pregnant and nursing women, and older adults.
- Clinical Implications in each chapter relate drug content to safe and effective drug administration and patient teaching.
- Herb Alert boxes highlight herb-drug interactions and contraindications for the safety of patients relying on complementary and alternative therapies.
- Critical Thinking Questions in most chapters let you apply concepts to realistic clinical situations and issues.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your mastery of the material, with answers in the back of the book.
- UNIQUE! Drug Therapy in Women chapter addresses the special considerations of drug therapy in women.
- UNIQUE! Molecular and Targeted Therapies chapter covers emerging drugs that are aimed at specific tissues, genes, and target organs.
By Mary Kaye Asperheim Favaro, MD, Staff Physician, Little River Medical Center, Myrtle Beach, SC; Formerly Instructor of Pharmacology, St. Louis University School of Nursing and Health Services, St. Louis, MO