Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$68.95|
Providing a framework for safe and effective drug administration, Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 7th Edition helps you understand the principles of pharmacology and avoid making medication errors. It promotes safety by showing how drugs and drug classes work, rather than asking you to simply memorize information about individual drugs. Safety is also emphasized with a section dedicated to math review and drug dosage calculation. This edition includes updated drug information, new review questions for the NCLEX examination, and a succinct, evidence-based approach to pharmacology. Written by nationally known nurse practitioner Marilyn Edmunds, Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology highlights "must-know" drugs -- the ones seen most often in clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Get Ready for the NCLEX¨ Examination! section at the end of each chapter integrates new Review Questions for the NCLEX Examination with the popular Drug Calculation Review, and revises Key Points, Case Studies, and Critical Thinking Questions.
- NEW! Additional illustrations in the book and animations on the Evolve companion website help to clarify difficult concepts.
- Updated drug information emphasizes medication safety and evidence-based practice.
- A focus on understanding drug classes rather than memorizing individual drugs helps you understand the actions and uses of drug classes and provides a framework for safe, effective practice as new drugs are introduced and as existing drugs are withdrawn from the market.
- Coverage of math review and medication administration includes three chapters on math review and drug dosage calculation, to promote safe drug administration.
- Unique! 30 must-know drugs -- those most commonly prescribed -- are highlighted with icons and listed inside the cover for quick reference.
- Readability and clarity is attained through the use of a simplified vocabulary and shorter sentencesmake the content easier than ever to learn.
- Vivid, full-color design includes 200 drawings and photographs.
- Do Not Confuse drug list is is located on the inside cover for quick reference, helping you avoid drug errors with common look-alike or sound-alike drug names.
- Consistent chapter format covers each drug class with Action, Uses, Adverse Reactions, Drug and Food Interactions, and Nursing Implications and Patient Teaching sections.
- Application of the nursing process to each drug class includes Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, and Patient and Family Teaching.
- Key content is highlighted, as in all of Elsevier's LPN Threads textbooks, with features such as Clinical Goldmines, Clinical Pitfalls, Memory Joggers, Lifespan Considerations, and Complementary and Alternative Therapies boxes.
- Case studies in all drug chapters offer practice in applying information to realistic clinical situations and help you prepare for the NCLEX-PN Examination.
- Drug Calculation Review questions reinforce your drug calculation and math skills in the context of clinical practice.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter promote higher-level thinking skills while reinforcing key concepts.
- Canadian drug icons identify trade-name drugs available only in Canada.
- Glossary includes all of the book's key terms plus additional terminology that will be helpful in clinical practice, with audio pronunciations on the Evolve companion website.
By Marilyn Winterton Edmunds, PhD, ANP/GNP, Adjunct Faculty, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; Editor, JNP: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners.