Pediatric Endocrinology, 4th Edition
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Completely updated, the new edition of this easy-to-reference text examines the physiological, biochemical, and genetic aspects of pediatric endocrine disorders. Leaders in the field discuss the hottest topics—including genetics, diabetes and obesity—impacting today’s endocrine practice, keeping you up to date. A user-friendly organization speeds you to the information you need, and conceptual illustrations and photographs depict the latest advances with consistency and clarity. It’s the guidance you need to provide effective, state-of-the-art care for your pediatric and neonatal patients.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Offers expanded coverage of genetics, diabetes and obesity—topics of increasing concern in pediatric endocrinology today.
- Presents the work of many new contributors for fresh perspectives on the current state of pediatric endocrinology.
- Provides new tables of normal values and growth charts for monitoring your patients’ progress.
- Concepts, Endocrine Disorders of the Newborn, Endocrine Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence, and Laboratory Tests and Imaging—making the material easy to navigate.
- Examines the physiological, biochemical, and genetic aspects of endocrine disorders all in one convenient reference.
- Incorporates the importance of molecular biology as it relates to developmental and pediatric endocrinology.
By Mark A. Sperling, MD, Professor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes Mellitus, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA