Pediatric Dentistry - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Print - Hardback||$120.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Now in full color, this text uses a unique age-specific organization to discuss all aspects of pediatric dentistry from infancy through adolescence. Each age-specific section covers the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social changes that children experience, as well as the epidemiology of dental disease at that age. Other chapters explore the examination, treatment planning, radiographic concerns, prevention, trauma, restorative dentistry, pulp therapy, orthodontics, and behavior management of each age range.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Full-color design creates an immediate visual impact and better illustrates concepts and dental conditions.
- Unique organization begins with an introduction to the basic information and topics pertinent to children of all ages, then divides up the rest of the text by age group to cover the specific changes the child experiences physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially. In most cases, particular dental issues are discussed only once, at the point in a child's development at which they are most appropriate.
- Section on children from conception to age three covers conditions such as cleft palate, disturbances in calcification, unusual numbers of teeth, oral habits, caries, and the development of malocclusions that start during these years.
- Chapter on aesthetic restorative dentistry for the adolescent looks at material selection, tooth color and form, diastemas, discolored teeth, bleaching and more.
- Chapter on sport dentistry and mouth protection covers how to evaluate child/adolescent athletes, the different types of mouth protection available, and professional activities in sports dentistry.
- Chapter on the diagnosis of oral lesions and developmental anomalies uses tables and extensive illustrations to depict developmental anomalies, white soft tissue lesions and enlargements, dark soft tissue lesions, ulcerative lesions, radiolucent lesions of bone, mixed radiolucent and radiopaque lesions of bone.
By Paul S. Casamassimo, DDS, MS, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Henry W. Fields, Jr., DDS, MS, MSD, Professor, Orthodontics, Dean, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Dennis J. McTigue, DDS, MS, Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH and Arthur Nowak, DMD, Professor, Departments of Pediatric Dentistry and Pediatrics, Colleges of Dentistry and Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA