Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children Multimedia Enhanced Version, 9th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The multimedia enhanced edition of Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 9th Edition has new resources on the Evolve website for students including case studies, journals articles from Mosby’s Nursing Consult, updated skills content plus interactive checklists, and the new Mobile Quick Reference - a web app with even more resources that can be accessed on any device. As the most trusted authority in pediatric nursing, this text provides unmatched, comprehensive coverage of pediatric growth, development, and conditions. Its unique "age and stage" approach covers child development and health promotion as well as specific health problems organized by age groups and body systems. Leading pediatric experts Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson provide an evidence-based, clinical perspective based on nearly 30 years of hands-on experience. Easy to read and extensively illustrated, this edition focuses on patient-centered outcomes and includes updates on topics such as the late preterm infant, immunizations, the H1N1 virus, and childhood obesity.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! The Mobile Quick Reference is a free web application that contains pediatric vital signs, physical exam guidelines, and reviews of systems, motor development, fluid requirements for children, medication administration, and more.
- NEW online resources include case studies, journals articles from Mosby’s Nursing Consult, updated skills content, and interactive checklists.
- NEW! Unique! Quality patient outcomes are highlighted for major diseases and disorders, reflecting the QSEN focus on patient-centered outcomes.
- NEW! Pathophysiology reviews include special illustrations to explain complicated disease processes.
- NEW! Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- NEW! Research Focus boxes include the latest research impacting pediatric nursing today.
- NEW! Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- NEW! Updates include coverage of hot topics such as the late preterm infant, immunizations, the H1N1 virus, and childhood obesity.
- NEW! Unique! Family-Centered Care boxes include features on family-related topics.
- A clear, straightforward writing style makes content easy to understand.
- Unique Evidence-Based Practice boxes help you apply both research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care.
- Unique Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress.
- Unique critical thinking exercises help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- A unique focus on family content emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter, discussions throughout the text, and family-centered care boxes.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Unique Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference for critical situations.
- Unique Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect nursing care for children.
- A developmental approach identifies each stage of a child’s growth.
- Health promotion chapters emphasize principles of wellness and injury prevention for each age group.
- Student-friendly features include chapter outlines, learning objectives, key points, references, and related topics and electronic resources to help you study and review important content.
- A community focus helps you care for children outside the clinical setting.
- Nursing Care Plans include models for planning patient care, with nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
By Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, Professor
Duke School of Nursing;
Chair, Duke Institutional Research Board
Durham, North Carolina
and David Wilson, MS, RNC-NIC, Staff Nurse, Pediatric Emergency Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK, USA