Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 9th Edition
This innovative workbook/CD-ROM package helps bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world by teaching students about clinical settings and critical thinking before they actually start clinical rotations making the transition from nursing student to caregiver a smoother process. A guided learning experience, VCE features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the CD-ROM as they care for patients in the virtual hospital, making connections between what they experience in the virtual hospital and what they learn in the textbook. Throughout each lesson, students access realistic information resources essential to patient care, resulting in a true-to-life, hands-on learning experience.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
By Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP-BC, FAAN, Nurse Scientist, Texas Children’s Hospital; Director of Nurse Practitioners, Texas Children’s Cancer Center; Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA and David Wilson, MS, RNC, Faculty, Langston University School of Nursing; Staff Nurse, Pediatric Emergency Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK, USA