Practical Breast Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach
A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Apply a systematic pattern recognition method to achieve more accurate diagnoses with Practical Breast Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach. Using a practical, pattern-based organization, this volume in the Pattern Recognition series guides you efficiently and confidently through the evaluation of even the most challenging neoplastic and non-neoplastic specimens in breast pathology, and also highlights patterns crucial to radiologic diagnosis.Table of Contents
- Compare specimens to commonly seen patterns, categorize them accordingly, and turn directly to in-depth diagnostic guidance using the unique, pattern-based Visual Index at the beginning of the book.
- Assess key pathologic and clinical aspects of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions with over 530 high-quality, full-color images that help you evaluate and interpret biopsy samples.
- Apply the latest techniques and advances in the field, including optimal processing of breast specimens for early detection of breast cancer, the latest molecular diagnosis in breast pathology, and the use of radiology in optimizing detection of breast lesions.
- Progress logically from the histological pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis.
- Find the information you’re looking for quickly and easily with patterns color-coded to specific entities in the table of context and text and key points summarized in tables, charts, and graphs.
- Review all the information essential for completing a sign-out report: clinical findings, pathologic findings, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- View key diagnostic features associated with les common conditions in a visual encyclopedia of unusual patterns at the end of the book.
"Throughout the book are numerous, high-quality radiographic, gross, and pathologic images. Each image is carefully annotated to highlight the elements that are most diagnostically significant. In addition to covering the clinicopathologic features of breast lesions, the book includes chapters on basic breast radiology and the surgical approach to breast lesions. These chapters are an excellent addition and provide pathologists a thorough understanding of the clinical diagnosis and management of breast lesions.This book features the classic benefits of all Expert Consult titles, which include an online version of the print book with larger images and fully searchable text.""- Sapna Amin, MD (University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Review Services!"
By Kristen A. Atkins, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Medical Center and Christina Kong, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine