Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry, 4th Edition
Theranostic and Genomic Applications, Expert Consult: Online and Print
Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry presents the latest information and most reliable guidance on immunohistological diagnoses in surgical pathology. David J. Dabbs, MD and other leading experts bring you state-of-the-art coverage on genomic and theranostic applications, molecular anatomic pathology, immunocytology, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and more. Additional features such as tables discussing antibody specifications, differential diagnosis boxes, ancillary anatomic molecular diagnostics, and full-color histological images ensure user-friendly coverage that makes key information easy to find and apply. The fully searchable text is also available online at expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and access to Path Consult. This concise and complete resource is today’s indispensable guide to the effective use of immunohistochemical diagnosis.
"A newly updated book that our laboratory staff have found very useful in our day to day work." Reviewed by: Pathlab.org, Date: Sept 14Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes access to the full text online at expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and Path Consult.
- Provides guidance on the role of genomics in identifying genetic and molecular aspects of disease that may affect patient care and therapeutic approaches.
- Covers theranostic applications to enable you to evaluate therapeutic choices based on immunohistochemical results.
- Reflects the latest developments in the field through new chapters on molecular anatomic pathology and immunocytology, as well as updated chapters on immunohistology of the prostate, bladder, testis, and kidney and Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Discusses antibody specifications with tables that convey information on uses, clones, vendors, sources, antibody titers, and types of antigen retrieval.
- Presents key differential diagnoses boxes that provide tabular summaries of DDx and algorithms.
- Features discussions of ancillary anatomic molecular diagnostics as an adjunct to immunohistochemistry for a more well-rounded diagnostic approach.
- Discusses diagnostic pitfalls through immunohistologic differential diagnosis wherever appropriate so you can provide the most accurate diagnoses.
- Presents chapters arranged by organ system for comprehensive coverage of all relevant information in a convenient and intuitive organization.
- Provides quick reference graphs for antibodies throughout the text that illustrate the frequency of immunostaining for a variety of antibodies in tumors.
- Includes Key Diagnostic Points boxes in every chapter for a quick summary of text areas that are of particular importance.
- Features an expert author for each chapter to ensure coverage of the current state of the art.
"This is a great contribution to the field of pathology. The book will be very useful for anyone who wants to know immunohistochemistry and theranostics in detail."-Tejashree Karnick, MBBS(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Review: 5 stars
"A newly updated book that our laboratory staff have found very useful in our day to day work"
Reviewed by: PathLab.org, Date: Sept 2014
"The second chapter is an excellent overview of common molecular techniques and a ‘must read’ for anyone, but especially those revising for their FRCPath exams or contemplating taking on a research project this book will expand the reader’s understanding of both immunohistochemistry and molecular diagnostic and theranostic applications.
It also acts as an up-to-date bench-top reference tool. It is an easy-to-read, well presented text that I would recommend as a ‘must have’ for every pathology department".
Reviewed by: Dr Gemma Petts Clinical Research Fellow and Histopathology Registrar Imperial College London Date: Jan 2014
By David J Dabbs, MD, Professor and Chief of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA