Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction brings you the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to achieve the best results for the full range of facial flap procedures. Full-color clinical photographs and line drawings-along with high-quality surgical video clips-capture the latest facial reconstruction practices and effective methods like reconstruction of skin defects on the head and neck following tumor removal or trauma. Perspectives from facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, ophthalmologists, and otolaryngologists help you take all of these considerations into account in treatment planning.
New to This Edition
- Implement the latest techniques with updated coverage of new wound closure techniques and materials (including glues and adhesives), scar revision, complications, and vascular abnormalities.
- Watch clips of key surgical procedures, including reconstructive surgery of the nose and lip.
- Avoid pitfalls and achieve the best outcomes thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with tips and tricks of the trade from leading experts.
- Minimize flap ischemia and other complications with proper preoperative planning and surgical techniques.
- Visualize what to look for and how to proceed with high-quality illustrations of rotation flaps, transposition flaps, advancement flaps, bilobe flaps, melolabial flaps, paramedian forehead flaps, and rhombic flaps.
- Access video clips at Expert Consult.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Make the most effective clinical decisions with a better understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics of the skin
- Understand skin flap anatomy and physiology-vital to the performance of successful local flap reconstruction for facial defects.
By Shan R. Baker, MD, Professor and Chief section of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surger, Director Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI