Lead with Answers
ClinicalKey is the clinical search engine that thinks and works the way you do, making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. ClinicalKey drives better care by delivering fast, concise answers when every second counts, and deep access to evidence whenever, wherever you need it.
- Fast - ClinicalKey answers questions quickly because it thinks like a clinician. Start typing, and our Smart Search immediately starts suggesting relevant topics, content sources and authors. Ask something more specific in unique patient scenarios – ClinicalKey understands. When you need an immediate answer, ClinicalKey offers over 1,400 Topic Pages with easy access to information about disease risk factors, treatments and more, as well as links to specialty-specific answers and related drugs.
- Complete - ClinicalKey is continuously updated, so it always offers the most complete and current collection of trusted content and multimedia across medical specialties in more than 1,000 full-text reference books, 600 full-text journals, videos, images and more.
- Convenient - At the patient's bedside or on the go, ClinicalKey adapts to any screen size on any device, making it easy to discover, share and apply clinical content in new ways.
- Trusted - Throughout their careers, healthcare professionals worldwide trust Elsevier’s content and technology to support better clinical decisions and improve patient outcomes.
What information is available through ClinicalKey?
The content in ClinicalKey comes from Elsevier's vast online medical portfolio. The collection of journals available in ClinicalKey is growing every month, and currently includes full-text articles from more than 600 journals, such as Journal of the American College of Cardiology and The Lancet. ClinicalKey also has more than 20 million MEDLINE abstracts, which are retrieved each day from the National Library of Medicine (NLM). You can also access clinical trials. The number available is determined by the number available in the ClinicalTrials.gov database. Finally, ClinicalKey also includes over 1,000 full-text medical and surgical reference books.
Each ClinicalKey subscription includes information relevant to the specialty product purchased. Multiple specialties can be purchased together at discounted rates during the purchase process. In total, ClinicalKey includes the following:
- 1,400+ Topic Pages - Quick clinical answers and summaries from Conn’s Current Therapy, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine, Ferri’s Clinical Advisor and First Consult.
- 1,000+ Books - Elsevier’s world-renowned medical and surgical books, including Gray’s Anatomy, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine, Braunwald’s Heart Disease, Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics and more.
- 600+ Journals - More than 600 top journals from Elsevier, including The Lancet and Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- 17,000+ Medical and Surgical Videos - A continuously updated library of searchable video content.
- 300+ Procedures Consult Videos and Articles - Step-by-step procedural videos and articles to teach techniques or simply help clinicians refresh their skills.
- 2,200,000+ Images - A continuously updated library of searchable images from trusted books and journals.
- 50+ Clinics - Full-text medical and surgical clinical review articles.
- 850+ First Consult Monographs - Succinct, trusted clinical answers for clinicians at the point of care.
- 2,900+ Drug Monographs - Continuously updated, with detailed information about hundreds of specific prescription drugs, over-the counter products, nutritional supplements and herbals.
- 4,500+ Practice Guidelines - Full-text practice guidelines from journals, links to full-text guidelines from professional and government agencies, and summaries from the National Guideline Clearinghouse.
- 15,000+ Customizable Patient Education Handouts - Educational handouts that can incorporate institutional branding and special instructions, as well as the patient's preferred language and text size.
- MEDLINE Abstracts - Fully indexed, searchable abstracts retrieved daily from the National Library of Medicine.
- Clinical Trials - Fully indexed, searchable clinical trials retrieved daily from the ClinicalTrials.gov database.
How often is the journal content on ClinicalKey updated?
Journal articles are added to ClinicalKey's database as new issues are published, and generally available 2 to 3 weeks after the print version is published. Articles in press (ePub Ahead of Print) can be accessed prior to publishing of the journal issue.
What is the availability of book editions on ClinicalKey?
You can access most books on ClinicalKey the same day they are published in print. A book may occasionally require additional work in order to convert it to ClinicalKey's electronic format. In this case, the book should be available within 8 weeks. A book will generally remain available on ClinicalKey until its new edition is available on the site. We may sometimes replace a book with a new title based on user feedback or usage statistics of the book.
- ISBN: 10000024