Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children, 5th Edition
Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! Considered as the "go-to" reference for orthopaedic trauma surgeons and pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgeons, Green’s Skeletal Trauma in Children presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage includes crucial chapters on skeletal trauma related to child abuse, anesthesia and analgesia, management of children’s fractures, and outcome measures and rehabilitation.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about the impact of trauma to the immature and growing skeleton with comprehensive coverage of incidence, mechanisms of injury, classifications, and treatment options and complications for fractures in all major anatomical regions.
- Benefit from the masterful guidance by the most trusted global authorities in pediatric musculoskeletal trauma care.
- Make the best use of the newest techniques by effectively applying problem-focused clinical judgment and state-of-the art treatment options found in this reference.
- Gain new insights on overcoming unique challenges of treating pediatric sports injuries.
- Rely on a unique emphasis on outcomes assessment of children’s fractures to make the most valid clinical decisions.
- Confidently approach every form of pediatric musculoskeletal trauma with complete, absolutely current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options and associated complications.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with the aid of over 800 high-quality line drawings, diagnostic images, and full-color clinical photos.
- Access the full text online at ExpertConsult.
"A high-quality, well-illustrated, and efficient text." - JBJS, review of the last edition
"This current and well written book covers all important aspects of pediatric orthopedic trauma. I strongly recommend it to all orthopedists caring for children, as well as orthopedic residents and pediatric orthopedic fellows. Emergency room physicians, pediatricians, and other primary care doctors can make use of this excellent resource."- Doody's Review
"This book is easy to read and contains everything that a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon or a senior trainee would require for the management of skeletal trauma. It is ideal for day to day practice and is certainly well referenced."
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, January 2010
"It has everything one needs to know about the modern management and understanding of skeletal trauma in children… Any physician involved in treating children with skeletal injuries and all medical libraries are strongly advised to buy this outstanding book." -Edward Abraham, MD, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine Doody Score: 5 Stars
By Gregory A Mencio, MD, Professor and Vice Chairman, Orthopaedics, Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
and Marc F. Swiontkowski, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School; CEO, TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota