DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 4th Edition
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
The revised, streamlined, and reorganized DeLee & Drez’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine continues to be your must-have orthopaedics reference, covering the surgical, medical, and rehabilitation/injury prevention topics related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions. Offered as a 2-volume set, it provides the most clinically focused, comprehensive guidance available in any single source, with contributions from the most respected authorities in the field.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Equip yourself with the most current information surrounding hot topics such as hip pain in the athlete, hip arthroscopy, concussions, and medical management of the athlete.
- Remain at the forefront of the field with content that addresses the latest changes in orthopaedics, including advances in sports medicine community knowledge, evidence-based medicine, ultrasound-guided injections, biologic therapies, and principles of injury prevention.
- Enhance your understanding with fully updated figures throughout.
- Take a global view of orthopaedic sports medicine with the addition of two new international section editors and supplemental international content.
- Access even more expert content in new "Author’s Preferred Technique" sections.
- Find the information you need more quickly with this completely reorganized text.
- View the entire contents or purchase individual chapter sections online at Expert Consult.
- Be prepared to handle the full range of clinical challenges with coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; important non-orthopaedic conditions involved in the management of the athlete; rapidly evolving techniques; and sports-related fractures.
- Understand rehabilitation and other therapeutic modalities in the context of return to play.
- Take advantage of in-depth coverage of arthroscopic techniques, including ACL reconstruction, allograft cartilage transplantation, rotator cuff repair, and complications in athletes, as well as injury prevention, nutrition, pharmacology, and psychology in sports.
"This has long been established as the go-to reference for orthopedic sports medicine. Every library should own it and every resident and fellow should have access to it. The editors have done a wonderful job of keeping the book current. I am sure it will remain the first stop for residents, fellows, and colleagues when they are seeking information on orthopedic sports medicine."-Mark R Hutchinson, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine) Doody Review: 4 stars
By Mark D. Miller, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head, Division of Sports Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; Team Physician, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA and Stephen R. Thompson, MD, MEd, FRCSC, Orthopaedic Staff Surgeon, Department of Orthopaedics, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine