A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 8th Edition
In its 38th year, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology has been a companion reference for anyone who needs the most up-to-date terms, acronyms, and codes terms relating to clinical orthopaedics and research. Portable and easily accessible, this authoritative compilation categorizes and cross-references terms to enable those unfamiliar with orthopaedics to locate a term in its proper context. Unlike a traditional A-Z dictionary format, terms are organized by topic-facilitating faster search results with related terms appearing on the same or immediately adjacent page."...It will continue to serve as the go-to reference for individuals needing to access orthopaedic information to serve their individual audiences."
Foreword by: Marc F. Swiontkowski,Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Feb 2015 Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay abreast of the latest terminology with new terms provided by contributors who are orthopaedic researchers from across the country and whose expertise provides current information on terminology and procedures.
- Understandable to the lay reader and the professional with new illustrations, formatting, and tables clarifying disease processes.
- Confer on the go with an easy-to-carry pocket size and online access to the complete text on Expert Consult, which also includes an enhanced eBook version at no extra cost!
- Understand basic science terms as they relate to clinically relevant issues.
- Clarifies terms used in injury and insurance claims with immediately neighboring relative terms.
- Find information quickly with chapters organized by topic for easy reference.
"This is an excellent resource with timely relevance to the continuously evolving field of orthopedic medicine. It is unique as a reference dedicated solely to the terminology of orthopedics. I would have used this all the time when I was a physical therapy student. Now, as a seasoned practitioner, I will make room for this on my clinic bookshelf." - Charles R. Wolfe III, PT, DPT, DAC (U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group, Inc.) Doody’s Score: 99 - 5 Stars!
"This resource can guide individuals as they perform literature reviews, systematic reviews of that literature, meta-analyses, and other clinical investigations in the field of orthopaedics. This tool is straight-forward, easy to read, and comprehensive. It will continue to serve as the go-to reference for individuals needing to access orthopaedic information to serve their individual audiences."
Foreword by: Marc F. Swiontkowski,Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Feb 2015
By Fred R. T. Nelson, MD, FAAOS, Emeritus, Orthopaedics, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
and Carolyn Taliaferro Blauvelt, Formerly Writer-Editor, Medical-Dental Publications, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Naval Medical Center; Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland