Mosby's Orthodontic Review, 2nd Edition
NOT YET PUBLISHED
A concise review of orthodontic concepts, diagnosis, treatment planning, and clinical treatment, Mosby’s Orthodontic Review, 2nd Edition prepares you for certification and re-certification examinations as well as clinical practice. The convenient question-and-answer format makes it easy to study specific topics, covering emerging, evidence-based techniques and content specific to the National Board Dental Examination and the American Board of Orthodontics written and clinical exams. Clinical case reports apply your knowledge to real patient scenarios. Written by Orthodontics testing and certification experts Jeryl English, Sercan Akyalcin, Timo Peltomäki, and Kate Litschel, this is the only review book designed specifically for Orthodontics - and an ideal study tool for the NBDE and ABO certification exams.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW Appropriate Timing for Correction of Malocclusions chapter addresses craniofacial growth and development and dentitional development, helping select the proper timing of orthodontic treatment for different problems.
- NEWVertical Dimensions and Anterior Open Bite chapter covers the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of different types of vertical problems, with case studies varying in the cause and severity of the problems, and with individualized treatment plans based on the functional and skeletal requirements of each patient.
- NEW Three-Dimensional Update on Clinical Orthodontic Issues chapter addresses the key clinical issues answered with the use of digital models and cone beam CT (CBCT), which is becoming the standard for the investigation of the maxillofacial structures in all three dimensions of the space - especially in orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery.
- NEW editor Dr. Sercan Akyalcin brings expertise as an award-winning educator and well-respected reviewer for orthodontics journals.
- A practical review makes this book an excellent study tool for the NBDE Part II and the ABO certification exam, helps dentists in general practice and in consultations with orthodontists, and assists experienced orthodontists who wish to review for their recertification and keep up to date with advances in the field.
- Over 1,000 detailed illustrations - most of them in full color - provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts, and include case study photos showing the progress of treatment from the patient’s initial exam to completion.
- Easy-to-read, question-answer format presents a question such as ‘What are the perceived disadvantages of early treatment?’ which is followed by a detailed answer describing key information.
- A case-based approach includes many patient scenarios and clinical case reports, reflecting content on the NBDE and ABO certification exams.
By Jeryl D. English, DDS, MS, Professor, Chairman and Program Director, Department of Orthodontics, The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, TX; President Elect(2009)American Board of Orthodontics; Sercan Akyalcin; Timo Peltomaki, DDS, MS, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Clinic for Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland and Kate Litschel, DDS, MS, Research Associate, Clinic for Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland