Maxillofacial Trauma and Esthetic Facial Reconstruction, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Filled with hundreds of superb, full-color photographs and step-by-step, illustrated procedures, Maxillofacial Trauma and Esthetic Facial Reconstruction, 2nd Edition, is your definitive source on all aspects of managing facial trauma. World-renowned authors Peter Ward Booth, Barry L. Eppley, and Rainer Schmelzeisen deliver today's foremost guidance on everything from management of the acute trauma patient to the newest materials in surgical trauma to secondary procedures for improved facial appearance.
"Maxillofacial Trauma and Esthetic Facial Reconstruction is a comprehensive text dealing with a difficult area and where competing titles are plentiful. This book is refreshing and seems to add a new perspective in this genre with the combination of facial trauma management and reconstruction in the one hardback book. For this reason together with the sheer quantity and quality of the photos and illustrations - this book is highly recommended."
- The Journal of Surgery, review of the first editionTable of Contents
New to This Edition
- Discusses the latest etiology and management of trauma, walking you through all aspects of injury, treatment, and surgical procedures.
- Provides stabilizing guidance prior to surgery in the acute care chapter.
- Presents updated information on new imaging technology, current surgical procedures, and innovative treatment software throughout.
- Includes more illustrations to guide you to the best radiologic investigation for each injury.
- Relates brain injury to the overall management of the face for both function and esthetics.
- Contains updated guidelines on facial fractures, expanded information on psychological problems following facial trauma, and a new chapter on pediatric trauma.
- Offers complete coverage of maxillofacial trauma highlighted by an unparalleled collection of outstanding, full-color photographs, and highly detailed line drawings that clarify surgical procedures.
- Addresses secondary surgery in a dedicated section, covering such topics as facial scar management; secondary osteotomies and bone grafting to correct deformities; bone distraction, used commonly with congenital malformations; secondary rhinoplasty for traumatic nasal deformities, which are associated with a variety of cosmetic and functional issues; secondary orbital surgery; facial nerve injuries; and psychological support for patient with facial trauma.
- Features an outstanding, full-color art program, with more than 750 color photos that cover all aspects of injury and treatment, and 250 color line drawings that walk you step by step through surgical procedures.
- Includes contributions from a "who's who" list of international experts in oral and maxillofacial surgery, psychology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, and craniofacial surgery.
"This book is your definitive source on all aspects of managing facial trauma. World-renowned authors deliver today's foremost guidance on everything from management of the acute trauma patient to the newest materials in surgical trauma and secondary procedures for improved facial appearance...This text offers complete coverage of maxillofacial trauma highlighted by an unparalleled collection of 800 outstanding, full-colour photographs and over 300 highly detailed line drawings that clarify surgical procedures...this book is highly recommended."
British Dental Journal, June 2012
"The book is hardback and classifed as a major work, with just over 600 pages of text covering all the major trauma topics of relevance. In addition, the work has been significantly updated to reflect current evidence-based practice, supported by 800 colour pictures and new chapters on immediate care and secondary surgery...Clearly an important text for any trainee in the area as well as a reference for those practising the increasingly busy surgical speciality that is oral and maxilofacial surgery. A book that can be thoroughly recommended."
Faculty Dental Journal, April 2013
By Peter Ward Booth, BDS, MBChB, FDS, FRCS, Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK; Barry Eppley, MD, DMD and Rainer Schmelzeisen, MD, DDS, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Albert-Ludwigs-University and Hospital, Freiburg, Germany