Oral Radiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. With more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations, this bestselling book visually demonstrates the basic principles of oral and maxillofacial radiology as well as effective clinical application. You'll be able to diagnose and treat patients effectively with the coverage of imaging techniques, including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT, and the comprehensive discussion of the radiographic interpretation of pathology. The book also covers radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection - helping you provide state-of-the-art care!
New to This Edition
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography chapter covers machines, the imaging process, and typical clinical applications of cone-beam imaging, with examples of examinations made from scans.
- Evolve website adds more coverage of cases, with more examples of specific issues.
- A consistent format makes it easy to follow and comprehend clinical material on each pathologic condition, including a definition, synonyms, clinical features, radiographic features, differential diagnosis, and management/treatment.
- Updated photos show new equipment and radiographs in the areas of intraoral radiographs, normal radiographic anatomy, panoramic imaging, and advanced imaging.
- Updated Digital Imaging chapter expands coverage of PSP plates and its use in cephalometric and panoramic imaging, examining the larger latitudes of photostimulable phosphor receptors and their linear response to the five orders of magnitude of x-ray exposure.
- Updated Guidelines for Prescribing Dental Radiographs chapter includes the latest ADA guidelines, and also discusses the European Guidelines.
- Updated information on radiographic manifestations of diseases in the orofacial region includes the latest data on etiology and diagnosis, with an emphasis on advanced imaging.
- Expert contributors include many authors with worldwide reputations.
By Stuart C. White, DDS, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Section of Oral and Maxilofacial Radiology, University of California, School of Dentistry, Center for Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA and Michael J. Pharoah, DDS, Professor, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada