Ocular Pathology, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Comprehensive, yet concise and clinically oriented, this new edition brings you the very latest advances of every aspect of ocular pathology. From discussions of molecular biology and genetics, to new sections on age-related macular degeneration and complications of refractive surgery, to revised chapters, the latest imaging modalities, and so much more, this 6th edition will surely keep you on top of your field. Complementing the text is a world-renowned collection of common and unusual ocular conditions and a DVD containing valuable educational tools.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Offers the expertise of a brand-new co-author, Joseph William Sassani, MD, MHA, who brings new insights to the latest pathologic findings.
- Discusses rapidly evolving subjects, including genetics and molecular biology, and addresses hot topics such as the role of the myocilin/TIGR gene in the development of glaucoma, the classification of orbital neoplasms, and many others to keep you on the cusp of today’s knowledge.
- Presents a new discussion on the pathobiology of ocular complications of diabetes mellitus, including diabetic macular edema and severity scales, the interventional clinical classification of diabetic retinopathy, and the role of VEGFF and other factors.
- Provides OCT, UBM, and MRI/CT images of key conditions, offering you a better visual correlation to pathological entities.
- Features entirely new sections on age-related macular degeneration and complications of refractive surgery to help you avoid complications and make the best informed decisions.
- Incorporates revisions of all chapters in fast changing fields such as classifications of soft tissue tumors and the modern developments of histopathological terminology and developments.
- Includes a bonus DVD that contains the entire textbook’s image library—downloadable for your use—and the Aperio System of virtual microscopy that allows you to zoom in and out when viewing the included digitized histopathology slides.
- Includes a world-renowned collection of one of the finest compilations of common and unusual ocular conditions available today.
- Uses a convenient outline format to make reference quick and easy.
- Includes clinical "pearls" that offer you the benefits of proven strategies.
- Features 1,600 superb color illustrations—1,900 in all—that illuminate every concept.
"...provides a high tech means to navigate the text with the added advantage of downloadable illustrations and text...an excellent tool..."JAMA
" This book is a must have for all ophthalmology residents and practitioners who desire a deeper understanding of ocular disease in a concise and beautifully written format. Lecturers and teachers will love the DVD. Any pathologists who examine ocular specimens will also find this book indispensable." – Ocular Surgery News, 2009
"The text is systematically organised with highlighted (sometimes coloured) subheadings as well as prefixed numbers and letters, resulting in small and logically arranged paragraphs. The language is clear and comprehensible, and, although providing pertinent information, does not get lost in details." Graefes Archive, May 2009
By Myron Yanoff, MD, Myron Yanoff MD
Professor and Chair
Department of Ophthalmology
Drexel University College of Medicine
Adjunct Professor of Ophthalmology
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA, USA and Joseph W. Sassani, MD, MHA, Professor of Ophthalmology and Pathology Chief of the VA Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA
The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center