Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 6th Edition
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, this comprehensive guide helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. This widely respected text draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. The new edition features a new full-color design, significant content updates, and a new companion website with six supplemental chapters, videos, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Significant revisions across all chapters streamline the book and make it easier to read.
- New full-color design gives you a better picture of concepts and procedure details.
- Companion website offers electronic access to the book, plus six supplemental chapters, videos, and weblinks.
- Comprehensive coverage spans the entire spectrum of operative dentistry, including fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention.
- Practical, scientific approach to content is supported by sound clinical and laboratory research and incorporates both theory and practice.
- Clear presentation of techniques and procedures uses a consistent pattern to cover each restorative process.
- Procedural alternatives instruct on how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
- Pros and cons of restoration options discuss the advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications involved to help you make informed decisions when multiple treatment options are available.
"This sixth edition has undergone significant revision since its 2006 edition and is now in full colour, which includes the line art that has been completely redrawn in full colour too. This demonstrates conservative aesthetic procedures more clearly."
BDA News, May 2013
By Harald O. Heymann, DDS, MEd, Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Edward J. Swift, Jr. , DMD, MS, Professor and Chair, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Andre V. Ritter, DDS, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC