Mosby's Oncology Nursing Advisor
A Comprehensive Guide to Clinical Practice
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Like getting 7 books in 1, MOSBY'S ONCOLOGY NURSING ADVISOR provides quick access to essential information on a wide range of cancer topics, including types of cancer, treatment options, symptom management, palliative care, and patient teaching. Its user-friendly layout and straightforward coverage make it ideal for use in any clinical setting, offering authoritative guidance to help you provide the best possible oncology nursing care.Table of Contents
- Detailed descriptions of over 50 major cancer types provide essential information on incidence, etiology and risk factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic workup, histology, staging, treatment, prognosis, and prevention.
- Coverage of cancer management principles outlines a wide range of treatment and pharmacologic modalities, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, biological response modifiers, and complementary and alternative therapies.
- Symptom management guidelines provide in-depth coverage of pathophysiology, assessment tools, lab and diagnostic tests, differential diagnoses, interventions, follow up care, and resources for over 30 common symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatments.
- Essential information on many oncologic emergencies and emergent issues prepares you to respond quickly to structural, metabolic, and hematologic emergencies.
- Helpful patient teaching resources include more than 25 reproducible patient teaching handouts.
- An entire section on palliative care and end-of-life issues offers helpful guidelines for dealing with topics related to hospice care, communication in palliative care, the final hours of the cancer patient, ethical considerations, and loss, grief, and bereavement.
- Serves as a great study tool for the oncology nursing certification exam..
By Susan Newton, RN, MS, AOCN, AOCNS , Oncology Advanced Practice Nurse, Project Leader, Innovex, Dayton, OH; Margie Hickey, RN, MSN, MS, OCN, CORLN, Associate Director, Novartis Oncology, Florham Park, NJ; and Joyce Marrs, RN, MS, CNP, FNP-BC, AOCNP, Oncology Nurse Practitioner, Dayton Physicians, Hematology and Oncology, Dayton, OH