Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition
Clinical Reasoning and Treatment Guidelines for Common Diagnoses of the Upper Extremity
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$95.95|
Perfect for hand therapy specialists, hand therapy students, and any other professional who encounters clients with upper extremity issues, Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition contains everything you need to make sound therapy decisions. Coverage includes hand anatomy, the evaluation process, and diagnosis-specific information. Expert tips, treatment guidelines, and case studies round out this comprehensive text designed to help you think critically about each client’s individual needs.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapters on yoga and pilates provide guidance into new ways to treat upper extremity problems.
- NEW! Chapter on wound care gives you a thorough foundation on how wounds impact therapeutic outcomes.
- NEW! Chapter on orthotics has been added to cover basic splinting patterns.
- NEW! Online resources help assess your understanding and retention of the material.
- Clinical Pearls and Precautions highlight relevant information learned by the experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice.
- Case examples included in the diagnoses chapters in Part Three demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning and a humanistic approach in treating the client.
- Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.
- Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help readers find their own clinical voices.
- Online sample exercises give you a pool to pull from during professional practice.
"This book would be beneficial to both clinicians and students. I find the addition of clinical tips, or ‘pearls’, particularly useful as a quick reference guide. As an academic who teaches functional anatomy to occupational therapists, I find the scenarios particularly useful for helping students see the whole picture rather than just individual muscle actions." Fundamentals of Hand Therapy: January 2010
By Cynthia Cooper, MFA, MA, OTR/L, CHT, Owner, Cooper Hand Therapy, Scottsdale, AZ, USA