Public Health is an international, multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal. It publishes original papers, reviews and short reports on all aspects of the science, philosophy, and practice of public health.
It is aimed at all public health practitioners and researchers and those who manage public health services and systems. This includes public health doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, demographers, epidemiologists, health education and promotion specialists, environmental health specialists, and other specialists and scientists in the field of public health. It will also be of interest to anyone involved in provision of public health programmes, the care of populations or communities and those who contribute to public health systems in any way.
Published monthly, Public Health considers submissions on any aspect of public health across age groups and settings.
• Public health practice and impact
• Epidemiology (environmental & toxicological) - fundamental and applied
• Need or impact assessments
• Health service effectiveness, management and re-design
• Health Protection including control of communicable diseases
• Health promotion and disease prevention
• Evaluation of public health programmes or interventions
• Public health governance, audit and quality
• Public health law
• Public health policy and comparisons
• Capacity in public health systems and workforce
This is not an exhaustive list and the Editors will consider articles on any issue relating to public health.
Public Health also publishes invited articles, reviews and supplements from leading experts on topical issues.View all Occupational Medicine titles