Best Practice & Research: Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology
In practical paperback format, each 200 page topic-based issue of Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology will provide a comprehensive review of current clinical practice and thinking within the specialties of obstetrics and gynaecology.
All chapters are commissioned and written by an international team of practising clinicians with the Guest Editors for each issue drawn from a pool of renowned experts and opinion leaders. Reference is made to:
• The latest original research
• Cochrane Reviews
• Audits and confidential enquiries
• National and international conferences
• National and international guidelines
• Personal communications
All chapters take the form of practical, evidence-based reviews that seek to address key clinical issues of diagnosis, treatment and patient management.
Each issue follows a problem-orientated approach that focuses on the key questions to be addressed, clearly defining what is known and not known. Management will be described in practical terms so that it can be applied to the individual patient.
Boxed and bulleted Learning Objectives and Practice Points are features within each chapter and will highlight the core and essential knowledge that will help the physician to provide the best care to their patients.
The series' objective is to provide a continuous update for the busy clinician and researcher.
2014 Topics: Volume 28 Issues 1-8
1. Perinatal mental health, G. Joseph and K. Wisner
2. Multiple pregnancy, B. Thilaganathan
3. Ultrasound in prenatal diagnosis, A. Bhide
4. Heart disease in pregnancy, P. O'Brien and F. Walker
5. Imaging in gynaecology, L. Valentin
6. Challenges in fertility regulations, Z. van der Spuy
7. Vulvovaginal diseases, J. Cain, C. Leclair and V. Suzuki
8. Obstetrics and gynaecology after organ transplantation, I. Brosens and G. Benagiano
2015 Topics: Volume 29 Issues 1-8
1. Non communicable diseases in obstetrics Vol. I, L. Cabero Roura and M. Hod
2. Non communicable diseases in obstetrics Vol. II, L. Cabero Roura and M. Hod
3. Medical problems in obstetrics, D. Williams
4. Obesity in obstetrics, T. Mahmood
5. Obesity in gynaecology, T. Mahmood
6. Staging in gynaecological cancers, N. Bhatha and L. Denny
7. Hysteroscopy, P. O'Donovan and J. Clark
8. Training for emergency obstetric conditions, J. Moodley