Krause's Food & the Nutrition Care Process - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 13th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$165.00|
|Print - Hardback||$165.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The most respected nutrition text for more than 50 years, Krause's Food and the Nutrition Care Process delivers comprehensive and up-to-date information from respected educators and practitioners in the field. The latest recommendations include the new MyPlate guide, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, new and expanded chapters, and a large variety of tables, boxes, and pathophysiology algorithms, all providing need-to-know information with ease. New co-editor Janice L. Raymond joins L. Kathleen Mahan and Sylvia Escott-Stump and nearly 50 leading educators, researchers, and practitioners in writing a nutrition text that's ideal for use in class or everyday practice.
New to This Edition
- New recommendations reflect a comprehensive approach to diet and nutrition that incorporates the USDA's MyPlate guide, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, and the Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide recommendations.
- Reorganized table of contents reinforces the Nutrition Care Process structure endorsed by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- MNT for Thyroid Disorders chapter details important nutrition considerations for managing thyroid disorders.
- New calcium and vitamin D Dietary Recommended Intakes (DRIs) improve monitoring of nutrient intake.
- Expanded Nutrition in Aging chapter includes assessment and nutritional care guidelines for the growing elderly patient population.
- Growth grids for children detail proper patient nutrition during infancy and early childhood.
- Extensively revised MNT for Food Allergies chapter highlights the importance of food allergy management in clinical nutrition therapy.
- Updated appendices enhance assessment accuracy with the latest laboratory findings and normal values.
- Expert contributors include nearly 50 nationally recognized writers, researchers, and practitioners, each writing on their area of specialization.
- Clear, logical organization details each step of complete nutritional care from assessment to therapy.
- UNIQUE! Pathophysiology algorithms clarify the illness process and to ensure more effective care.
- New Directions boxes reflect the latest research in emerging areas in nutrition therapy.
- Focus On boxes provide additional detail on key chapter concepts.
- Clinical Insight boxes and Clinical Scenarios with detailed Sample Nutrition Diagnosis statements help ensure the most accurate and effective interventions in practice.
- Key terms listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded within the text provide quick access to important nutrition terminology.
- More than 1,000 self-assessment questions on a companion Evolve website reinforce key textbook content.
By L. Kathleen Mahan, MS, RD, CDE, Clinical Associate, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Washington; Nutrition Consultant, Nutrition by Design, Seattle, WA and Sylvia Escott-Stump, MA, RD, LDN, Dietetic Programs Director, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC; and Consulting Nutritionist, Nutritional Balance, Greenville, NC