Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners - Revised Reprint, 3rd Edition
Convenient and portable, Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 3rd Edition - Revised Reprint offers quick access to essential guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in a variety of family practice settings. Well known for its concise guidelines and extensive charts and tables, this Revised Reprint includes extensive updates throughout and offers vital information on the latest diagnostic methods, treatment options, and drug therapies for primary care conditions commonly seen by Nurse Practitioners in patients of all ages.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! The 2014 Revised Reprint of Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 3rd Edition includes extensive updates throughout:
- Updated treatment guidelines, including medications for numerous skin conditions, influenza, pharyngitis, GERD, vaginitis, PID, lipid disorders, hypertension, diabetes, depression, and anxiety.
- Coverage of several clinical issues --- such as osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and guidelines for screening Pap smears --- has been extensively revised based on current standards of evaluation and therapy.
- Changes affecting diagnosis are included for several conditions, including hepatitis A, B, and C; GERD; H. pylori infection; and syncope.
- Quick-reference outline format and a wealth of tables and charts facilitate quick access to essential information.
- Special populations assessment chapters, including adult, pediatric, and geriatric, allow for quick access to vital information for these specific age groups.
- Provides essential instructions on which problems must be referred to a physician and which constitute an emergency.
- Coverage includes the latest national guidelines.
- Color insert provides visual reinforcement for a better understanding of skin disorders.
- Compact size and spiral binding make this guide extremely versatile and portable.
By Karen Fenstermacher, MN, RN, FNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, Mercy Primary Care, Carthage, Missouri and Barbara Toni Hudson, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, Family Nurse Practitioner, Ash Grove Family Care Clinic, Ash Grove, Missouri