Netter's Sports Medicine Book and Online Access at www.NetterReference.com
Netter’s Sports Medicine, by Christopher C. Madden, MD, Margot Putukian, MD, FACSM, Craig C. Young, MD, and Eric C. McCarty, MD, is a reference designed to help you meet the challenges presented by your patients in this growing interdisciplinary field. More than 1,000 Netter images, along with photos of physical examination techniques and imaging examples, provide a rich visual understanding, while a bulleted text format, combined with a user-friendly organization by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports, makes reference quick and easy. Discussions of a full range of sports-traditional as well as less common-ensure that the coverage is comprehensive and up to date. From pre-participation exams, musculoskeletal injuries, sports nutrition, and sports psychology...to general medical problems in athletes...this reference equips you with the guidance you need to keep your patients at the top of their game. A companion website at www.NetterReference.com equips you with convenient online access to the book’s entire text and illustrations, and more.Table of Contents
- Includes online access to a companion web site featuring the complete text, an Image Bank containing all of the book’s illustrations, downloadable for your personal use, twenty patient education brochures, and more.
- Presents more than 1,000 Netter illustrations accompanied by photos of physical examination techniques, radiographs, and other imaging techniques—including CT and MRI—that equip you with a rich visual understanding of sports medicine.
- Features a bulleted text format for quick-read guidance.
- Organizes information by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports for an easy-to-access reference.
- Discusses traditional along with less common sports for comprehensive coverage that is up to date.
- Includes a section that examines considerations for specific athlete populations, including children, women, the senior athlete and the physically challenged, to help you meet their special needs.
- Presents the cross-disciplinary contributions of primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, dentists, orthopaedic surgeons, and others, who provide a well-rounded perspective on the subject.
- Combines current, evidence-based information with expert clinical guidance for a high-yield reference.
By Christopher Madden, MD, Sports and Family Medicine Physician, Private Practice, Longs Peak Family Practice, Longmont; Team Physician, Niqot High School, Niwot, CO; Margot Putukian, MD, FACSM, Director, Primary Care Sports Medicine and Team Physician, Pennsylvania State University, University Park; Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey; Medical Staff, Centre Community Hospital, State College, PA; Eric McCarty, MD and Craig MD Young, MD