Circuits for the MRCPCH
This title is directed towards MRCPCH candidates in the UK and other countries where MRCPCH is offered. It provides a complete revision aid for the new OSCE-style MRCPCH clinical exam. It is designed and written to be as close as possible to the actual exam. Each chapter is a 'circuit' and will include all the written stations. The questions are laid out in exactly the same format as the exam, and the answers are written in a friendly style by authors who have recently been through the process and can offer valuable hints and tips.
- Sample questions mimic exam conditions - there are no clues to the answers, as is usually the case in more traditional system-based books.
- The fully explanatory answers provide not only clinical information but a framework for answering similar questions - extremely useful on the actual day of the exam.
- Can be used at the beginning of the revision process - to check progress and highlight weaknesses.
- Can also be used as a last-minute check right at the end of revision - to be sure all bases have been covered.
- Ideal for group revision work, especially for the communication and role-play stations.
By Damian Roland, BMedSci, BMBS MRCPCH, Specialist Registrar, Honorary University Fellow - Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK