Gastrointestinal Physiology, 8th Edition
Mosby Physiology Monograph Series (With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access)
Gastrointestinal Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series, explains the fundamentals of gastrointestinal physiology in a clear and concise manner. Ideal for your systems-based curriculum, this fully updated medical textbook provides you with a basic understanding of how the GI system functions in both health and disease.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay abreast of the latest research and findings in physiology with coverage of the physiological significance of gastrointestinal peptides; the regulation of mucosal growth and cancer; details surrounding acid secretion and peptic ulcers; and more.
- Access new gastrointestinal information on the regulation of pancreatic secretion and gallbladder contraction; the transport processes for the absorption of nutrients; facts about fat absorption; and the regulation of food intake.
- Stay current with clear, accurate, and up-to-the-minute coverage of the physiology of the gastrointestinal system focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with gastrointestinal pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Master the material more easily with learning objectives at the start of each chapter, overview boxes, key words and concepts, chapter summaries, and physiology review questions at the end of the book.
- Understand complex concepts by examining clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations with the aid of featured clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Consult the book online at Student Consult, where you can perform quick searches, add your own notes and bookmarks, and more!
By Leonard R. Johnson, PhD, Thomas A. Gerwin Professor and Chairman, Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN
Vice Chancellor for Research and Thomas A. Gerwin Professor of Physiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA