Medical Transcription - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$92.95|
|Print - Paperback||$92.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Master the fundamentals of medical transcription and meet the challenges of the evolving medical transcription field with Medical Transcription: Techniques and Procedures, 7th Edition. Respected authority Marcy O. Diehl delivers proven, practical training in the skills and technology essential to your success, including proofreading, editing, speech recognition technology, and more. This new edition also reflects an increased emphasis on medical editing and other related fields to keep you current with the changing medical transcription profession and fully prepare you for your role in health information management.
New to This Edition
- New chapter highlights the transcriptionist's emerging role as a medical editor and how it impacts health information management and patient safety.
- Take Note boxes provide quick access to key editing/transcription tips.
- From the Field sections deliver helpful insight from practicing medical transcriptionists.
- Updated information familiarizes you with the latest medical transcription equipment.
- Live transcription exercises help you meet the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (ADHI)'s live transcription requirement and practice applying your transcription skills to scenarios commonly encountered in practice.
- Additional exercises test your ability to edit voice recognition software-generated reports.
- Comprehensive coverage and practical exercises demonstrate fundamental editing/transcription concepts and boost your proficiency in:
- Abbreviations and symbols
- Word endings
- Formation of plural forms
- Exercises and helpful hints enhance your proofreading and editing skills and help you prevent common errors.
- Extensive practice and review exercises on Evolve reinforce your understanding and give you the experience to confidently move into the transcription workforce.
By Marcy O. Diehl, BVE, CMA-A, CMT, AHDI-F, Professor Emeritus, Medical Transcriptionist Specialist Curriculum, Grossmont Community College, El Cajon, California