The Language of Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 10th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$89.95|
|Print - Paperback||$89.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Bring medical terminology to life with Davi-Ellen Chabner's bestselling The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition! By presenting medical terms within the context of the body's anatomy and physiology, and in health and disease, this proven resource makes it easy to learn a working medical vocabulary built on the most frequently encountered prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms. Practical exercises and case studies demonstrate how medical terms are used in practice. Add an engaging student Evolve website with medical animations and videos, word games, flash cards, and more, and you'll be ready to communicate confidently in the clinical setting and succeed in your healthcare career.
New to This Edition
- NEW! In Person narratives help you understand diseases and conditions from the patient's perspective.
- NEW! A Closer Look highlights particular conditions.
- NEW! Images and photos illustrate difficult terms and procedures.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with healthcare advances.
- More Spotlights identify and clarify potentially confusing terminology.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) list alerts you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body's structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.
- A wealth of self-assessment exercises
- Compatibility with desktop computers, as well as iPads, smartphones, and other mobile devices
- Easy access to Evolve resources
- Engaging, interactive exercises that allow you to:
- label anatomical drawings
- understand the physiology of a system
- practice using terms in context
- hear the proper pronunciation of medical terms
- reinforce your mastery of word parts
- study the meaning of word parts and terms
- and much more!
The Pageburst eBook for this title offers these additional features: