The Language of Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
|Print - Paperback||$89.95|
New to This Edition
- NEW! In Person narratives help you understand diseases and conditions from the patient's perspective.
- NEW! A Closer Look highlights particular conditions.
- NEW! Images and photos illustrate difficult terms and procedures.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with healthcare advances.
- More Spotlights identify and clarify potentially confusing terminology.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) list alerts you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body's structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.
- A wealth of self-assessment exercises
- Compatibility with desktop computers, as well as iPads, smartphones, and other mobile devices
- Easy access to Evolve resources
- Engaging, interactive exercises that allow you to:
- label anatomical drawings
- understand the physiology of a system
- practice using terms in context
- hear the proper pronunciation of medical terms
- reinforce your mastery of word parts
- study the meaning of word parts and terms
- and much more!
The Pageburst eBook for this title offers these additional features: