Medical Terminology Online for Mastering Healthcare Terminology (User Guide and Access Code), 4th Edition
Medical Terminology Online is a fun, interactive way to review and apply the healthcare vocabulary you learn in Mastering Healthcare Terminology, 4th Edition. Dynamic online learning modules complement textbook content with videos, animations, and slide shows to make concepts and terms more approachable. Engaging exercises provide valuable practice applying medical terms to real-world scenarios.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Enhanced design makes it easier to navigate online modules and find the information you need.
- NEW! Updated terms and abbreviations keep you current with the latest advances in technology and terminology in healthcare.
- Outcome-based learning approach provides objectives for each module, with quizzes and exams following each section to help you measure your progress.
- Interactive exercises help you learn and retain medical terms with case studies, word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling activities.
- Medical record activities familiarize you with the documentation you'll use on the job.
- Narrated animations and slide shows clearly demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- More than 900 high-quality illustrations clarify complex information.
- End-of-module exams help you assess your understanding and identify areas needing further study.
- 5,000-term English/Spanish medical glossary includes terms and definitions in both languages.
- Website activities direct you to online resources and test your understanding of specific healthcare topics.
By Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR, AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer
Allied Health Department
Community College of Philadelphia