Virtual Medical Office for Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants (User Guide Access Card), 9th Edition
Develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills you need to confidently succeed in practice with Virtual Medical Office. This innovative learning system simulates the experience of working in a real medical office and integrates content from your Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 9th Edition textbook with an engaging study guide and interactive lessons to enable you to make decisions and learn from your mistakes in a realistic and completely safe environment.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects revisions of the Bonewit-West Clinical 9th Edition textbook.
- Software includes 15 unique cases, each designed to highlight a different combination of medical assisting competencies as defined by CAAHEP and ABHES.
- Immerses you in a realistic yet safe environment.
- Software contains complete medical charts for each patient, including extensive back histories, giving you plenty of material to use for practicing coding and filing claims.
- Each software case includes 5 videos (one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at check-out), offering you a rare opportunity to step into the shoes of billable service providers and compare what is documented against what actually happens in the video.
- Interface tested and designed to match computer experience level of coding and billing students.
- Performance summary allows you to compare your decisions for each case with the expert’s and evaluate any differences between the two.
- Each study guide lesson focuses on a few objectives, to create brief (20-30 minutes of "seat time"), manageable learning experiences.
- Promotes active learning as you collect information from a variety of sources to make decisions about each case’s care.
- Encourages critical thinking as you discuss and critique the performance of the medical assistants in the videos.
- Study Guide Lessons available online allows you to complete your assignments and submit them electronically to your instructor.
Integrates text reading assignments with study guide lessons that direct you to the VMO software online.
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants