Medical Office Administration, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$96.95|
Using a clear, hands-on approach to learning front office skills, Medical Office Administration, 3rd Edition prepares you for a successful career as an administrative medical assistant. You will perform procedures with Medisoft® v18 software, allowing you to practice day-to-day tasks as if you were in an actual office setting. This edition adds NEW coverage of ICD-10 coding and updated content on electronic health records. Written by expert medical administrative educator Brenda Potter, this worktext helps you develop the knowledge and skills you need to think critically and respond confidently to the challenges you’ll encounter on the job. Medisoft software sold separately.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Medisoft® v18 software allows you to practice common administrative tasks with real-world office management software. Medisoft sold separately.
- NEW! Coverage of ICD-10 coding prepares you for the October 2014 transition to ICD-10.
- UPDATED EHR coverage applies administrative concepts and procedures to their use within the Electronic Health Record.
- NEW electronic procedure checklists on the Evolve companion website measure how well you have mastered procedures.
- Engaging worktext format makes it easier to apply what you’ve learned to the real world, breaking up the content into manageable segments, and providing case studies, critical thinking exercises, role-playing exercises, and collaborative learning activities.
- Real-world examples apply important concepts to the medical office setting.
- A conversational writing style makes it easier to read and understand the material.
- HIPAA Hints ensure that you comply with HIPAA mandates.
- UNIQUE! The Diverse Community of Patients chapter addresses the important issue of cultural diversity.
- Procedure boxes offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific administrative tasks.
- Procedure checklists spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures, and are based on CAAHEP competencies.
- Learning objectives show the key points that you are expected to learn in each chapter.
By Brenda A. Potter, BS, CPC-I, CPC, Medical Administrative Program Director, Minnesota State Community & Technical College