Computerized Medical Office Procedures, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$136.00|
Get ready for your first medical assisting job with this hands-on guide to common medical office tasks. Computerized Medical Office Procedures, 4th Edition explains administrative and financial functions in a clear, step-by-step format and provides realistic exercises to help you confidently prepare to use computers in the medical office. Using Medisoft® v18 practice management software, you’ll practice medical assisting tasks such as appointment scheduling, entering patient information, accounting procedures, and billing insurance companies. Written by educator William Larsen, this book helps you develop the front-office competencies you need!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED content on the Electronic Health Record in the physician’s office relates computerized practice management systems to the use of EHRs
- New case studies on the Evolve companion website offer additional practice using Medisoft® v18.
- New Elsevier Clinic provides samples to follow as you create new patient data and perform Medisoft tasks - the data file may also be downloaded from the Evolve website.
- New chapter summaries are included at the end of each chapter.
- Hands-on practice using Medisoft® Version 18 familiarizes you with the professional practice management software you'll use on the job. Medisoft sold separately.
- An engaging, conversational writing style makes difficult concepts easier to understand, with information presented in small, easy-to-digest segments.
- Step-by-step procedures include screenshots to guide you through each administrative task.
- Day-by-Day Simulations provide you with two weeks of hands-on experience similar to working in a real-world medical office.
- Reminders at the end of each chapter ask you to back up your data, for good data management practice.
- Checking Your Understanding reviews and hands-on Putting It into Practice activities are provided at the end of each chapter to ensure that you meet learning objectives.
- Information on backing up and restoring data prepares you for any power outages or electronic malfunctions.
By William D. Larsen, MBA, CMA, Medical Assistant Program Coordinator, National American University