Medical-Surgical Nursing – Two-Volume Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning and Quizzing Package (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
Studying is about to get a whole lot easier! Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 9th Edition, the Elsevier Adaptive Solutions Package combines two innovative adaptive products into one powerful learning solution. Elsevier Adaptive Learning (EAL) helps you transform textbook information into lasting knowledge, while Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) ensures you know how to apply that knowledge to exams and clinical practice. Both EAL and EAQ are fun, engaging, and constantly tracking and adapting to your performance so you learn more effectively and efficiently. This dynamic duo is the personalized solution you need to learn faster, remember longer, and be better prepared for exams and licensure.Table of Contents
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
- In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions - including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot - provide valuable licensure or certification exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing and/or health professions educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the licensure or certification examination.
Elsevier Adaptive Learning:
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing:
By Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX; Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ; Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ and Elsevier