Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$48.95|
|Print - Paperback||$48.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The Clinical Companion for Ignatavicius & Workman: Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 7th Edition, is an easy-to-use, A-Z guide to 245 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address style, this handbook is a convenient quick reference that you can carry with you on clinical days.
New to This Edition
- Updated content matches the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook for a reliably seamless reference and study experience.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Safety Priorities highlights have been refined and divided into three types of Nursing Safety Priority highlights: Drug Alert!, Critical Rescue!, and Action Alert! to help you recognize critical situations in which the patient's health or very life may be in jeopardy.
- Increased use of color improves table readability and highlights headings and new Nursing Safety Priority boxes.
- A-Z synopses of 245 diseases and disorders, along with related collaborative care, serve as both a quick reference for clinical days and a study resource for essential information
- Streamlined format helps you focus more effectively on nursing care priorities
- Consistent collaborative care format helps you prepare for clinical days more efficiently.
- Special Considerations highlights call your attention to important aspects of nursing care, such as Genetic/Genomic Considerations, Considerations for Older Adults, Women's Health Considerations, and Cultural Considerations.
- National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG) icons help you provide safe and effective care by highlighting safety information identified in The Joint Commission's National Patient Safety Goals.
- Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing sections provide a quick, one-stop review of eight concepts that are critical to medical-surgical nursing practice.
- A-Z thumb tabs along the edges of the pages facilitate quick access to clinical information for just-in-time learning and review at the bedside.
- 10 quick-reference appendices provide need-to-know, quick-reference coverage of common or important clinical topics
- Guide to Head-To-Toe Physical Assessment of Adults
- Terminology Associated With Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Laboratory Values
- Interventions for Common Environmental Emergencies
- Chemical and Biological Agents of Terrorism
- Discharge Planning
- Electrocardiographic Complexes, Segments, and Intervals
- The Patient Requiring Intubation and Mechanical Ventilation
- The Patient Requiring Chest Tubes
- Communication Quick Reference for Spanish-Speaking Patients
By Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs;
Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators;
President, DI Associates, Inc.
Placitas, New Mexico; Christine Winkelman, RN, PhD, CCRN, ACNP, Assistant Professor, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University;
Clinical Nurse, Trauma/Critical Care Float Pool, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio and M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Volunteer Faculty, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio; Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio