Assessment and Care of the Well Newborn - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
|Print - Paperback||
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Offering a multidisciplinary approach in an accessible outline format, this practical handbook covers all aspects of care for the full-term, well newborn. Written and reviewed by both physicians and nurses, this new edition presents explanations of the events surrounding delivery, the processes necessary to identify newborns that deviate from the norm, the immediate interventions and care required in these situations, and routine care considerations frequently encountered in caring for these infants. Detailed guidance is provided on assessment, delivery room management, transition and post-transition care, and commonly seen problems. Readers will also find information on the assessment of infections, nursery protocols, standardized physician standing orders, and common drugs and their effect on breastfeeding.
New to This Edition
- The latest updates on guidelines and procedures are provided - including neonatal hearing screening and resuscitation.
- Up-to-date reference information includes growth charts, current immunization recommendations, and genetic screening.
- The most current recommended therapies are presented for viral and bacterial infection diagnosis, management, and treatment.
- The latest technology information for fetal assessment includes the fetal doppler and fetal pulse oximeter.
- Content addresses the most up-to-date effects of epidurals on maternal temperature and the implication for newborn infection evaluations.
- A multi-disciplinary approach to care of the well newborn features contributions from both nurses and physicians.
- Discussions cover the processes necessary to identify newborns who deviate from normal, as well as the immediate interventions and care required in these situations.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date coverage is provided on the assessment and management of viral and bacterial infections.
- An outline format is used for easy referencing and clinical guidance.
By Patti J. Thureen, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Children's Hospital and University Hospital, Denver, CO; Jane Deacon, RNC, MS, NNP, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO; Jacinto A. Hernandez, MD, MHA, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO; and Daniel Hall, MD, Medical Director, Newborn Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO