Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Expand your practice and attract new clients with chair massage! A practical, visual guide to this rapidly growing field, Chair Massage helps you develop a basic routine and adapt to different clients and situations. Expert authors Patricia M. Holland, MC, LMT, and Sandra K. Anderson, BA, LMT, NCTMB, provide coverage of massage techniques, chair adjustment, body mechanics, and applying pressure, plus specific routines for the lower back, shoulders, neck/head, and arm/hand regions -- with full-color photographs clearly demonstrating each technique. A chapter on the business aspects of seated massage helps you market and manage your practice successfully.Table of Contents
- Full-color photographs and drawings clearly depict each technique.
- An Essentials of Practice chapter helps you translate your knowledge into revenue by addressing crucial topics such as determining target markets, job-related conditions, marketing methods, introductory letters, setting fees, drawing up contracts, and getting paid, and includes practical advice from practitioners who offer chair massage.
- Unique! Coverage of low back techniques includes specific techniques for treating low back pain, its causes, when to perform massage, and when it is contraindicated.
- Unique! A chapter on additional techniques and adaptations covers body regions such as the iliotibial band, gastrocnemius, pectorals, anterior neck muscles, and serratus anterior, plus situations such as clients in wheelchairs.
- Unique! A segment on closing the session describes positive ways to finalize a chair massage session, including use of percussion as a finishing technique, closing stretches, a post-treatment discussion, and helping the client off the chair.
- A Communications and Ethics chapter addresses important topics such as the ethical presentation of self, boundaries, communicating with clients about feedback, pre- and post-treatment interviews, and intake forms.
- A review of anatomy and kinesiology covers the specific information that you need to know in order make treatment decisions and perform routines.
- Coverage of traditional Chinese medicine points and channels gives you more techniques to use during chair massage practice.
- Sample dialogues provide examples of effective communication with clients during their sessions.
By Patricia Holland, MC, LMT, Instructor and Dean of Students, Cortiva Institute-Tucson; Owner and Practitioner, Mindful Touch Therapeutic Massage, Tucson, AZ and Sandra K. Anderson, BA, LMT, ABT, NCTMB, Co-Owner and Practitioner, Tucson Touch Therapies Treatment Center and Education Center, Tucson, AZ