Leading and Managing in Nursing - Revised Reprint, 5th Edition
Leading and Managing in Nursing, 5th Edition - Revised Reprint by Patricia Yoder-Wise successfully blends evidence-based guidelines with practical application. This revised reprint has been updated to prepare you for the nursing leadership issues of today and tomorrow, providing just the right amount of information to equip you with the tools you need to succeed on the NCLEX and in practice. Content is organized around the issues that are central to the success of professional nurses in today’s constantly changing healthcare environment, including patient safety, workplace violence, consumer relationships, cultural diversity, resource management, and many more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Three new chapters - Safe Care: The Core of Leading and Managing, Leading Change, and Thriving for the Future - emphasize QSEN competencies and patient safety, and provide new information on strategies for leading change and what the future holds for leaders and managers in the nursing profession.
- UPDATED! Fresh content and updated references are incorporated into many chapters, including Leading, Managing and Following; Selecting, Developing and Evaluating Staff; Strategic Planning, Goal Setting, and Marketing; Building Teams Through Communication and Partnerships; and Conflict: The Cutting Edge of Change.
- Need to Know Now bulleted lists of critical points help you focus on essential research-based information in your transition to the workforce.
- Current research examples in The Evidence boxes at the end of each chapter illustrate how to apply research to practice.
- Revised Challenge and Solutions case scenarios present real-life leadership and management issues you’ll likely face in today’s health care environment.
- Merges theory, research, and practical application for an innovative approach to nursing leadership and management.
- Practical, evidence-based approach to today’s key issues includes patient safety, workplace violence, team collaboration, delegation, managing quality and risk, staff education, supervision, and managing costs and budgets.
- Easy-to-find boxes, a full-color design, and new photos highlight key information for quick reference and effective study.
- Research and Literature Perspective boxes summarize timely articles of interest, helping you apply current research to evidence-based practice.
- Critical thinking questions in every chapter challenge you to think critically about chapter concepts and apply them to real-life situations.
- Chapter Checklists provide a quick review and study guide to the key ideas in each chapter, theory boxes with pertinent theoretical concepts, a glossary of key terms and definitions, and bulleted lists for applying key content to practice.
By Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, EdD, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX