Leading and Managing in Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Leading and Managing in Nursing, 5th Edition, by Patricia Yoder-Wise, successfully blends evidence-based guidelines with practical application. The new edition is designed to prepare you for the nursing leadership issues of today and tomorrow, providing just the right amount of information to equip you with the tools you need to succeed on the NCLEX and in practice. This thoroughly updated edition is organized around the issues that are central to the success of professional nurses in today's constantly changing healthcare environment, including patient safety, workplace violence, consumer relationships, cultural diversity, resource management, and many more.
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on Patient Safety and Workplace Violence, illustrating the nurse manager's role in ensuring patient and worker safety.
- Includes Need to Know Now, bulleted lists of critical points that help you focus on essential research-based information in your transition to the workforce.
- Gives current research examples in The Evidence boxes at the end of each chapter, illustrating how to apply research to practice.
- Provides casrevised Challenge and Solutions case scenarios of real-life leadership and management issues, giving you contemporary scenarios covering current issues in nursing leadership and management.
- Merges theory, research, and practical application for an innovative approach to nursing leadership and management.
- Offers a practical, evidence-based approach to today's key issues, including patient safety, workplace violence, team collaboration, delegation, managing quality and risk, staff education, supervision, and managing costs and budgets.
- Features easy-to-find boxes, a full-color design, and new photos that highlight key information for quick reference and effective study.
- Research and Literature Perspective boxes summarize timely articles of interest, helping you apply current research to evidence-based practice.
- Includes critical thinking questions in every chapter, challenging you to think critically about chapter concepts and apply them to real-life situations.
- Provides Chapter Checklists for a quick review and study guide to the key ideas in each chapter, theory boxes with pertinent theoretical concepts, a glossary of key terms and definitions, and bulleted lists for applying key content to practice.
By Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, EdD, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX