Large Animal Internal Medicine, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Large Animal Internal Medicine, 4th Edition features a problem-based approach with discussions of over 150 clinical signs. This is the first internal medicine reference that enables you to efficiently diagnose horses, cattle, sheep, and goats based on clinical observation and laboratory and diagnostic testing. With this user-friendly format, you can find essential information about specific diseases and reach a diagnosis by simply identifying the signs.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Six all-new chapters provide in-depth coverage of diagnostic testing, critical care and fluid therapy, biosecurity and infection control, and genetic disorders.
- A unique problem-based approach with discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations helps you quickly reach a diagnosis based on observations and laboratory tests.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes provide easy access to complete lists of common, less common, and uncommon diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Complete lists of diseases associated with a given lab abnormality in Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes help you easily interpret abnormalities in clinical chemistry, hematology, blood proteins, and clotting tests.
- An expert team of over 180 authors contributing information in their areas of expertise ensures you are using the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
- Color plates accompanying Diseases of the Eye and Diseases of the Alimentary Tract enable you to visually recognize the clinical appearance of ophthalmologic conditions and alimentary tract disorders for quick and easy diagnosis and treatment.
If you purchase only one textbook for large animal practice, be your work mainly equine or farm animal, this is the one you should buy. This is a truly global large animal veterinary medicine textbook, while retaining its relevance to UK and Irish practitioners. It is suitable as a reference book for students, general practitioners and specialists alike, and is well worth the price as a comprehensive review of large animal medicine.
Veterinary Record, February 2009
By Bradford P. Smith, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM, Professor Emeritus, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA