Vaccines, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Completely revised and updated, this respected reference offers comprehensive and current coverage of every aspect of vaccinationfrom development to use in reducing disease. It provides authoritative information on vaccine production, available preparations, efficacy, and safetyâ€¦recommendations for vaccine use, with rationalesâ€¦data on the impact of vaccination programs on morbidity and mortalityâ€¦and more. And now, as an Expert Consult title, it includes a companion web site offering this unparalleled guidance where and when you need it most!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes access to a companion web site offering the complete contents of the book - fully searchable - for rapid consultation from anyplace with an Internet connection.
- Provides a complete understanding of each disease, including clinical characteristics, microbiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment, as well an epidemiology and public health issues.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of both existing vaccines and vaccines currently in the research and development stage.
- Examines vaccine stability, immunogenicity, efficacy, duration of immunity, adverse events, indications, contraindications, precautions, administration with other vaccines, and disease control strategies.
- Analyses the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of vaccines.
- Discusses the proper use of immune globulins and antitoxins.
- Illustrates concepts and objective data with approximately 600 tables and figures.
BMA Book Awards 2008 - Highly Commended
"With a broad view, this book draws together the many strands relevant to Immunisation and is a worthy addition to a library and specialist users who already have knowledge of country specific policy."
"For anyone wishing to know everything important about existing vaccines, this book provides an indispensable source of authoritative information"
Immunology News - February 2009
By Stanley A. Plotkin, MD, Emeritus Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania; Executive Advisor to the CEO, Sanofi Pasteur, Doylestown, PA, USA; Walter A. Orenstein, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Emory University; Associate Director of the Emory Vaccine Center and former Director of the National Immunization Program.; and Paul A. Offit, MD, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, PA; Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.