Textbook of Physical Diagnosis, 7th Edition
History and Examination With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Derive the maximum diagnostic information from interviewing and examining patients with Textbook of Physical Diagnosis. Employing a compassionate, humanistic approach, Dr. Swartz explores how cultural differences can influence communication, diet, family relationships, and health practices and beliefs, and demonstrates that your interpersonal awareness is just as essential in physical diagnosis as your level of technical skill. This medical reference book features numerous high-quality color images, an easy-to-use design, and detailed descriptions of exam techniques, making it an essential guide for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Provide the best medical care through the art of interviewing and physical examination with the most recent coverage of relevant physical diagnosis standards and tests, as well as detailed discussions of key exam techniques.
- Reference information on-the-go. Several chapters have been moved online, resulting in a more portable and concise print edition that focuses on core material.
- View examination techniques and clinical presentations more clearly than ever before with help from high-quality color images, over 900 photographs, and line art supplementing the detailed text.
- Stream more than 6 hours of in-depth video, review online-only chapters, and reference the entire contents online at Student Consult.
- Gain in-context access to online videos using your smartphone by scanning accompanying QR codes located throughout the text, covering step-by-step key aspects of the physical examination for adults, newborns, toddlers, as well as important interviewing scenarios.
- Learn about special considerations related to patient’s unique situations, such as cultural differences, nutritional status, and overall health, which may affect your approach to their treatment.
- Understand the causes of the symptoms you encounter with Pathophysiology explanations.
- Easily review illustrated components with abundant color photographs capturing the true appearance of various diseases.
- Access coverage of complementary and alternative medicine so you can be alerted to the clinical implications of these increasingly popular modalities.
"This is an outstanding introductory text for anyone beginning to learn how to conduct a patient interview and perform a physical diagnosis. While there have been numerous books on this topic, and some that have been available for generations, this clearly is one of the very best currently available.
With a limited budget, this is the one book that is worth the price, considering the companion website with the added illustrations. It is an absolute must for every medical library and a tremendous addition for the experienced clinician. Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!" - Doody's Reviews
"If, as it has been said, a picture is worth a thousand words, this text is worth at least a quarter of a million."
- JAMA, September 2009
Reviewed by Linda Pinsky, MD
University of Washington
By Mark H. Swartz, MD, FACP, Professor of Medicine, State University of New York (SUNY), Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, New York; Adjunct Professor of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York; Professor of Medical Sciences, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, New York; Director, C3NY--Clinical Competence Center of New York, New York, New York