An Interprofessional Approach
Deliver improvements in healthcare services and outcomes with this cutting edge Informatics textTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Get on the cutting edge of informatics with Health Informatics, An Interprofessional Approach. Covering a wide range of skills and systems, this unique title prepares you for work in today’s technology-filled clinical field. Topics include clinical decision support, clinical documentation, provider order entry systems, system implementation, adoption issues, and more. Case studies, abstracts, and discussion questions enhance your understanding of these crucial areas of the clinical space.
- 31 chapters written by field experts give you the most current and accurate information on continually evolving subjects like evidence-based practice, EHRs, PHRs, disaster recovery, and simulation.
- Case studies and attached discussion questions at the end of each chapter encourage higher level thinking that you can apply to real world experiences.
- Objectives, key terms and an abstract at the beginning of each chapter provide an overview of what each chapter will cover.
- Conclusion and Future Directions section at the end of each chapter reinforces topics and expands on how the topic will continue to evolve.
- Open-ended discussion questions at the end of each chapter enhance your understanding of the subject covered.
By Ramona Nelson, PhD, RN-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Professor Emerita
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
President, Ramona Nelson Consulting
Allison Park, Pennsylvania and Nancy Staggers, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, Informatics
School of Nursing
University of Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland and
Adjunct Professor, College of Nursing and
Department of Biomedical Informatics
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah