The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual E-Book, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$75.95|
Here's a handy, portable guide to preventing, evaluating, and managing diseases that can be acquired in tropical environments and foreign countries! Whether you're a physician, traveler, or both, this respected manual is your perfect source for quick, easy access to the latest travel medicine information. New updates and additional material are presented in a sleek new design that offers rapid access to the content you need. The fourth edition features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations and new maps and illustrations. From pre-travel advice and immunizations to the diagnosis and treatment of a full range of travel-related illnesses, you'll have all the information you need to avoid, recognize, and treat illnesses acquired away from home in a convenient, pocket size guide.
New to This Edition
- Offers the most recent developments in tropical and travel medicine to keep you up-to-speed.
- Features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations, new maps and illustrations, and new vaccines and drugs used in travel medicine - all in a new full color design.
- Highlights major issues in new chapters such as Urban Medicine: Threats to Health of Travelers to Developing World Cities; Pre-Travel Risk Assessment and Health Advice for Missionaries and Other Long-Term Expatriate Volunteers; Trematodes; and others.
Illustrates key concepts with visual guidance from dynamic new images.
Offers evidence-based treatment recommendations to enable you to manage diseases confidently.
Provides access to need-to-know information quickly in a convenient, pocket size for excellent portability.
- Features 7 major sections, color-coded for quick answers:
- Pre-travel Advice
- Advice for Special Travelers
- Skin Lesions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Edited by Elaine C. Jong, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine; Director, Hall Health Primary Care Center; Medical Director, UW Campus Health Services; Director Emeritus, UW Travel & Tropical Medicine Clinic, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA; and Christopher A. Sanford, MD,MPH,DTM&H, Co-Director, University of Washington Travel Clinic at Hall Health Center; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA