Manson's Tropical Diseases, 23rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Public Health category!
From the difficult to diagnose to the difficult to treat, Manson’s Tropical Diseases prepares you to effectively handle whatever your patients may have contracted. Featuring an internationally recognized editorial team, global contributors, and expert authors, this revised and updated medical reference book provides you with the latest coverage on parasitic and infectious diseases from around the world.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Make the most accurate Tropical Disease diagnoses through a completely redesigned and modernized format, which includes full-color images throughout plus a wealth of additional illustrations online at Expert Consult.
- Apply the latest treatment strategies for HIV/AIDS, tropical neurology, malaria, and much more.
- Put the latest international expertise to work for you and your patients with new chapters covering Global Health; Global Health Governance and Tropical Diseases; Non-communicable Diseases; Obesity in the Tropics; and Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine in Resource-poor Settings.
- See which diseases are most prevalent in specific areas of the tropics through a new index of diseases by country, as well as online-only maps that provide additional detail.
- Better understand the variations in treatment approaches across the globe.
- Incorporate the latest therapies into your practice , such as recently approved drugs and new treatment options.
- Find what you need easily and apply it quickly with highlighted key information, convenient boxes and tables, extensive cross-referencing, and clinical management diagrams.
"...an excellent book on all aspects of tropical medicine…including traditional medicine, environmental disorders, psychiatry, and oral health, as well as infections. The system-based and disease-based approach is cross referenced well and is particularly effective in the online version of the book...It is very clinically oriented and should be a great resource for practitioners or students of this subject." - Doody’s Review Service, Review of the 22nd Edition
"The description of Manson's as a travel medicine text is fitting. For those wishing to have an encyclopedic but yet practical reference on disease in and out of the tropics, Manson's should prove to be a good purchase."
Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, March 2009
By Jeremy Farrar, FRCP, FMedAcSci, DPhil, OBE, Professor of Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK; Director, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, South East Asia Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
; Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, Dean, National School of Tropical Medicine, Professor, Pediatrics and Molecular & Virology and Microbiology, Head, Section of Pediatric Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics, Director, Sabin Vaccine Institute and Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, President, Sabin Vaccine Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
; Thomas Junghanss, MD (Internal Medicine, subspecialties Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases), MSc, PHDC (Lon) , apl Professor and Head, Section Clinical Tropical Medicine, Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
; Gagandeep Kang, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Professor, Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
; David Lalloo, MB, BS, MD, FRCP, FFTM, RCPS(Glasg), Professor of Tropical Medicine, Dean of Clinical Sciences and International Public Health, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
and Nicholas J. White, OBE, MD, DSc, FRCP, F Med Sci, FRS
, Professor of Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand; Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK