Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 8th Edition
eBook version included with print purchase.
Popular for its highly visual, straightforward approach, Cellular and Molecular Immunology delivers an accessible yet thorough understanding of this active and fast-changing field. Drs. Abul K. Abbas, Andrew H. Lichtman, and Shiv Pillai present key updates in this new edition to cover the latest developments in antigen receptors and signal transduction in immune cells, mucosal and skin immunity, cytokines, leukocyte-endothelial interaction, and more. With additional online features, this is an ideal resource for medical, graduate and undergraduate students of immunology who need a clear, introductory text for immunology courses.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about immunology and molecular biology through extensive updates that cover cytokines, innate immunity, leukocyte-endothelial interactions, signaling, costimulation, and more.
- Benefit from numerous new figures and tables that facilitate easier retention of the material; quick summaries of each chapter; and nearly 400 illustrations that clarify key concepts.
- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of immunology through a clear overview of immunology with a distinct focus on the management of human disease.
- Visualize immunologic processes more effectively. Meticulously developed and updated illustrations, 3-dimensional art, and all-new online animations provide a detailed, visual description of the key immunologic and molecular processes.
- Grasp the details of experimental observations that form the basis for the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole-organism levels and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- Find information more quickly and easily through an organized chapter structure and a more logical flow of material.
- Access to StudentConsult and Evolve provides a rich online experience for students and instructors alike including searchable content, question banks, animations, and more.
"A book that is now in its 8th edition is obviously one that has been found to be useful by students and instructors. This is one of the more popular choices among immunology books. For some students, it might provide more information than they need, but that depends entirely on the level of the course. In any event, it would surely be an excellent resource. Given the rapid changes in what we know about immunology, the need for this new edition should be obvious."
- Marion C. Cohen, PhD (SUNY Downstate Medical Center) Doody’s Score: 91 - 4 Stars!
By Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
; Andrew H. H. Lichtman, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Shiv Pillai, MBBS, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts