Ethical and Legal Issues for Imaging Professionals - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$54.95|
|Print - Paperback||$54.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This balanced examination of ethical and legal principles and issues provides vital information for radiography, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and radiation professionals. By discussing the foundations of ethics for technologists, then entering into a discussion of applicable law, Ethical and Legal Issues for Imaging Professionals, 2nd Edition provides an approach that leads to a more successful style of personal risk management. With each chapter divided into two sections of ethical issues and legal issues, the content is easy to read and understand. Plus, learning activities and current event discussions help the readers learn and remember information so they can use it in real life.
New to This Edition
- Discussion of limited radiographers, health care literacy, HIPAA, employee rights, whistle blowing, and relevant new technologies include the most current information available to keep readers up-to-date on topics in their field.
- More relevant and up-to-date case studies keep readers current on situations they may face in the field.
- Expanded content on the history of ethics gives users a better understanding of ethics.
- Updated legal terminology provides the most current information on the ever-changing world of law.
- Bulleted key point summaries highlight important information from each chapter for easy review.
- Imaging Scenarios spark classroom discussion and encourage students to apply what they have learned and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test their retention of chapter content.
- Critical Thinking Questions and Activities helps students examine their personal responses to various situations and encourages them to expand on their knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Professional Profiles present a brief glimpse into how ethics and law impact the daily lives of professional imaging technologists.
- Margin Definitions and Glossary provide an easily accessible resource to understanding terminology.
- Learning Objectives and Chapter Outline focus the student on the most important content.
By Doreen M. Towsley-Cook, MAE, RT(R), Former Radiologic Sciences Program Director, Private Educational Consultant, Allen Memorial Hospital, Waterloo, IA; Creative Enterprises Unlimited, Cedar Falls, IA, USA; and Terese A. Young, JD, RT(R), CNMT, Polk City, IA, USA