Essentials of Radiographic Physics and Imaging - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$102.00|
|Print - Hardback||$102.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
From basic physics principles to the actual process of producing diagnostic-quality x-rays, Essentials of Radiographic Physics and Imaging effectively guides you through the physics and imaging information you need to excel on your ARRT exam and as a professional radiographer. The text's clear language and logical organization help you easily master physics principles as they apply to imaging, plus radiation production and characteristics, imaging equipment, film screen image acquisition and processing, digital image acquisition and display, basics of computed tomography, image analysis, and more. Theory to Practice discussions help you link these principles to real-world applications and practice.
- An emphasis on practical information provides just what you need to know to pass the ARRT exam and to be a competent practitioner.
- Integrated coverage of digital radiography describes how to acquire, process, and display digital images, and explains the advantages and limitations of digital vs. conventional imaging processes.
- Theory to Practice succinctly explains the application of the concept being discussed and helps you understand how to use the information in clinical practice.
- Make the Connection links physics and imaging concepts to help you fully appreciate the importance of both subjects.
- Math applications demonstrate how mathematical concepts and formulas are applied in the clinical setting.
- Critical Concepts further explain and emphasize key points in the chapters.
- Learning features highlight important information with an outline, key terms, and objectives at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter summary at the end.
- A glossary of key terms provides a handy reference.
By James Johnston, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(CV), Associate Professor Radiologic Sciences
Director of Interdisciplinary Education for the
College of Health Sciences and Human Services
Midwestern State University
Wichita Falls, TX and Terri L. Fauber, EdD, RT(R)(M), Associate Professor and Radiography Program Director, Department of Radiation Sciences, School of Allied Health Professions, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA