Workbook for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 13th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Gain real-world practice in insurance billing and coding! Corresponding to the chapters in Fordney’s Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 13th Edition, this workbook provides realistic, hands-on exercises that help you apply concepts and develop critical thinking skills. Study tools include chapter overviews, key terms, chapter review exercises, and case study assignments.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED content reflects changes in the text, ensuring you have the latest guidelines and regulations for medical insurance billing and coding available.
- UPDATED coverage of key health insurance topics includes HIPAA compliance, the HITECH Act, health reform of 2010, electronic health records, NUCC standards, Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Incentive Program, meaningful use, and CPT 2013.
- NEW CMS-1500 (02-12) claim form includes block-by-block explanations and examples.
- UPDATED ICD-10 coding information prepares you for the ICD-10 transition.
- UPDATED self-assessment quizzes on Evolve test your knowledge of the material in each chapter.
- UPDATED guidelines for the filing and submission of electronic claims include sample screenshots, preparing you for the future of the medical office.
- Key terms and abbreviations lists at the beginning of each chapter provide a quick reference to the health insurance terminology you need to know.
- Critical thinking assignments help you connect theory to practice with real-world scenarios.
- Self-study exercises - including matching, true/false, multiple-choice, mix and match, and fill-in-the-blank questions - help you practice important concepts.
- Performance objectives make learning easy by highlighting what you need to accomplish in each chapter.
- Study outlines focus your review by listing key points for each chapter
By Marilyn Fordney, CMA-AC, Formerly, Instructor of Medical Insurance, Medical Terminology, Medical Machine Transcription, and Medical Office Procedures, Ventura College, Ventura, CA