Transitioning to ICD-10-CM Coding
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.95|
Designed to accompany Carol J. Buck’s ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules, Transitioning to ICD-10-CM Coding makes it easy to learn ICD-10-CM coding and prepare for the AAPC’s ICD-10 certification exam. The book provides a step-by-step guide to coding rules and concepts, while the Online Training Modules provide practice with realistic coding exercises. After you’ve read the chapters in the book and completed the online modules, you will be ready to take a practice exam simulating the 75-question AAPC ICD-10 exam (also located in the Online Training Modules). Best of all, you can use this integrated course of study to earn continuing education credits!Table of Contents
- CEUs from AAPC and AHIMA may be earned when the book is used with ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier to learn and remember important information.
- A practice exam at the beginning of the online modules measures your familiarity with ICD-10-CM coding.
- A 75-question mock exam for the AAPC ICD-10 certification exam follows in the online modules.
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10-CM code set includes practice activities at the end of each chapter and assigned exercises in the online modules.
- Online module exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce the coding rules and concepts, reflect the book’s step-by-step organization, and enhance your comprehension.
- Real-life coding reports simulate the reports that coders encounter on the job and challenge you to apply important coding principles to actual cases from the field.
- From the Trenches and Caution! boxes provide important tips and helpful advice that will be useful when you are working in the field.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes include excerpts of actual coding guidelines, each accompanied by in-text explanations.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN